Sunday, April 20, 2008

Estimating Species Richness

This is a response to Jem's comment.. Jem.. Thanks for leaving a comment.. Unless you can't get it here, I'll email the paper.
Actually, Prof. R. K. Colwell put up so many papers on his website (http://viceroy.eeb.uconn.edu/Colwell). So very kind of him. Or go to Prof. Anne Chao's website (http://chao.stat.nthu.edu.tw/textfile/pub.html) for her 'technical' papers on the subject. Some are quite technical with mathematics equations and formulas. It took me some times to understand the contents but I guess it won't be a problem for you..
My advice: Search other relevant papers at Yahoo web search.
Since I'm here, I got so many papers from Yahoo web search. The 'hit' is better than Google. Just follow this two very simple steps:
1. Get a good paper/reference, say Colwell and Coddington 1994 (older paper, [probably] more hits!!)
2. Paste it there, and hit enter/return.. There you go..
(I tell you, a lot...)
So, who says you can not get references IF you are away from Univ. library or Univ. internet, huh!! Just get connected to internet..., anywhere.. ;-) [I'm not suggesting any of you (students especially!!) to not to go to library or Univ. when searching for references. This is just an alternative.. A good alternative, in deed!]

No comments: