Monday, June 9, 2008

I have a dream...

It is a dream actually.. I want to set up a 'page' on Malaysian biodiversity. For a start, I guess I should start with fauna that is closed to me - fish. To be precised, freshwater fishes.. I guess that is the best to start with..
Then, may be I should put up a note on dragonfly followed by butterfly, frogs, toads, lizards, snakes, crocs or the herpetofauna and then spiders and scorpions and crabs and shrimps and prawns and last but not least other fauna that I manage to capture with my camera.
I don't really think big but may be just their name (local name(s), English and scientific name), size, a note on taxonomy, habitat and distribution and probably their local status. On some species that I am familiar, may be I shall put something like breeding biology, food preferences and may be any threats to their survivality..
I hope it will generate some awareness to local fauna, especially those small and some cryptic species..
I wish I am able to do this, before they are gone..
Wish me luck..

No comments: