Saturday, September 22, 2007

Fishing in Kelantan

Kelantan.. I've been driving home so many times, passing several rivers and streams but never had a chance to really make a collection there.. Several streams which I frequently pass by are Sg. Jeduk, Sg. Air Lanas and it tributary, Sg. Buluh in Jeli. Too bad, I almost had a chance to sample fish from Sg. Sat, a small stream bordering Malaysia-Thailand.

Until recently, I had a chance to make a collection of fish from these streams. It really turn out something. Two new fish to me - loaches Syncrossus beauforti from Sg. Buluh and Tuberoschistura cf. baenzigeri Sg. Jeduk were collected. Specimen of Tuberoschistura is interesting - early comparision with picture in Kottelat's Indochinese Nemacheline does not resembled much to this one. I am really excited. These two streams still hold many interesting species and I wish to come back with a proper equipment!

No comments: